Monday, February 18, 2008

le sigh and Great Success.

First off, we had bbq last nite, and a restaurant up in Harlem called Dinosaur BBQ. In case anyone doesn't believe you can get real BBQ in NY, i took pics. If you still don't believe me, have a whiff at the leftovers in my fridge ;) Only ate half my meal so I could get dessert. Mmmmm peanut butter pie!

Today I had big plans to go on a nice long bike ride. Started out well, sky was blue, temp was warm. TehJerry and I managed to get the cages on the pedals, tho his drill wasn't powerful enough to drill through the frame, so couldn't get the second water bottle holder and pump holders on. So took off for my ride, the cages worked great. Then after about six minutes, the chain fell off. *headdesk*. Back to house, TehJerry fixed the chain, and then storm clouds closed in. So I gave up and went to the gym. Did stationary bike for 1.5 hours, juuuuuuuuuuuuust shy of the 25 miles I need.

Came back and herein lies the Great Success - completed my first experimental sewing project, including breaking my first needle. *bows* Piccies here.

As I said over on Live Journal, I have named my new sewing machine Keller. No relation, at least I don't think so, to Dr Tim Keller of Redeemer. She's named after Dr Jennifer Keller of Stargate Atlantis, who spends much time sewing up members of the team, most notably a certain dreadlocked Satedan.

Now to eat my bangers and mash (the bangers being turkey franks) and watch Connor Chronicles while attempting to finish fic. If I succeed, I will have accomplished almost everything I wanted to this weekend.

No comments: